The Chairman, Keith Parker, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1 Apologies: Gary Buckingham. Alan and May Burgess.
2 Minutes of the previous meeting, held on Monday 3 December 2012, were read and agreed.
3 Matters Arising from the Minutes:
· Numbers on plots. Gary Buckingham waiting to place the order.
· Oakleigh toilet/shed. Weather has hampered progress. Although money for this has been allocated. Alan Smith confirmed disabled access will be required.
· Honda strimmer for Lower Penns: .company rep. Is keeping a lookout and will report back to the chairman.
· The insurance renewal: Alternative cover was discussed as current provider had increased premium by £100 for reduced cover (no public liability for members). After discussion, Chairman proposed changing to National Allotment Society (Corby) at a cost of £450 pa plus £2 per plotholder. Rents may have to be increased to cover the additional £2 per head required for insurance or plotholders would be asked for this as a separate sum at the time of renewal in March/April. The names of all plotholders would have to be provided to the insurers, but not their addresses. Agreed by all present as public liability cover was essential.
· Secretary was provided with a poster from Fermoy’s to circulate to sites and by email.
· Open meetings (4x pa) will be February, May, August, October (AGM) 2013.
5 Chairman’s Report:
· see above re: insurance.
6 Vice Chairman’s Report:
. * Alan Smith reported that he is waiting to hear from Gary Buckingham about the shed required at Oakleigh.
7 Treasurer’s Report:
· Current Account: £54.67
· Deposit Account: £2,861.96
· Cheques this month: none.
· 1 – (keep on Agenda)
· Site rep had walked the site and there was nothing to report.
· (Secretary waiting to relet 5b, 14a and 17c when these are clearly identifiable).
· Site rep reported small hole on roof of loo. Agreed to see if it could be patched.
· Site rep reported that some sites had been tidied since last month, despite the weather.
SITE INSPECTIONS TO BE DONE AFTER NEXT MEETING, BEFORE MARCH.
9 Any Other Business
· Keep notifying newcomers about PHGAS equipment available to borrow (sec) (Keep on agenda).
· Secretary to let all plotholders know about chicken pellets order shortly to go in and ask for orders. (£7.68 per bag).
10 Date of next Meeting: Open Meeting to be held on Monday 4 February 2013 at 7.30pm at the ROAB Club. All welcome.
The meeting finished at 8.30 pm.