The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Pat Messenger, Phil Moore, Keith & Jane Parker.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- The Derrell Road strimmer has been repaired and can now be used.
- Request from an arts organisation to record a 1 minute sound recording of digging/planting – ideally on 4 July. Will anyone be working at the site? Sec agreed to email them to let them know that they were welcome to attend the site and if anyone was there, they could discuss their requirements with them.
- Requests to go on waiting list received – all acknowledged.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- Not present – no report.
6. Vice-Chairman’s report:
- Nothing to report.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Not present.
- No site inspection done
- 3c – letter 1
- 7b – letter 1
- 13b – letter 1
- 29b – letter 1
- 35a – letter 1
- 35b – letter 1
- 3a – letter 1
- 3b – letter 1
- 4a – not worked
- 7 – letter 1
- 14b – letter 1
- 19a – letter 1
- 20a – letter 1
- 21a – letter 1
- Christine reported that the trees had been looked at and were much better. Some had fallen down but had been inspected. There are still trees on the field side that need pruning – CG is on the case!
- Some plotholders had mentioned difficulties in borrowing the site strimmer as the plotholder where it was kept, was not always at the site. It was agreed that the strimmer must now be stored by a member of the committee. To be confirmed.
- Joe Wallis (Vice President) had undertaken an overall site inspection and judged all the plots across the 3 sites. Results would be announced next month.
- If you received a cup last year, please could this be returned to a committee member. (Last year’s winners were DR: 8a, Oakleigh: 28 and LP: 22)
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be held on Monday 7th August at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.05pm.