Hon Vice President, Joe Wallis welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked the committee for their work over the last year.
1. Apologies: Kay Mason, Jackie Green, BettyMacdonald, Elaine Care, Alan Smith, Christine Guiver, John O'Neill
2. Present: Joe Wallis, Flis Cotton, Stefan Philpott, Liz Barnes, Gary Buckingham, Ruth Bibbings, Melanie Philpott, Carole Philpott, Philip Eley, Jodi White, Phil Moore, Andrew Bibbings, Pat Marriott, Libby Luke, Lynne Gibson
3. Minutes of last AGM held on Monday 1st October 2018 were read, proposed and seconded then signed.
- Request from plotholders to swap 6b DR with 13b DR (father/son) – I advised I didn’t think it would be a problem but would check. All agreed this would be OK.
- Request from plotholders on Oakleigh to set up an Events sub committee & swap shop for plants and seeds across the site – Lynne Gibson, Jonty & Joyce would be willing to arrange. This was discussed and it was agreed that they would try to arrange at least 4 x year social events and other ideas would be discussed when the committee was up and running. The motion was carried and it is ok for them to proceed.
If any plotholders were interested in being on the committee, please email the secretary or contact us in the first instance.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- None as the Chairman was not present, however, a letter of resignation from him had been received. The Hon VP thanked the Chairman for all his work in the past year for the Society.
- The Hon Vice President said that he had recently met with the President of PHGAS, Colin Stephenson, and reported that due to recent health issues, Colin was unable to chair the meeting. The Society wish him well.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- The issue of thefts from Oakleigh and Derrell Road sites was discussed and the VC was looking into getting CCTV for the two sites. The difficulty being that there is no power, so portable power would be required.
If any plotholder is the victim of theft from his plot, please report this to the police and obtain a crime reference number.
Gary Buckingham on Oakleigh has confirmed that he has an open/ongoing report of theft from the sites, with the police, so please could any plotholder who is a victim also let a site rep know, or Gary or contact us.
The VC has also bought 2 new padlocks for the site gates and it would be confirmed in due course when the locks would be changed.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Rent/membership £3,312.00
- Chicken pellets/shop £720.51
- Fuel £6.00
- Sub-total £4,038.51
- BBQ £42.29
- S W Water £1,557.95
- Stationery/postage £72.12
- Shop £1,249.65
- Subs £1,253.04
- Maintenance £549.04
- Fuel (for mower/strimmer) £39.17
- Sub-total £4,763.26
- Deficit for the year: -£724.75
- Monies in the bank:
- Current account £517.84
- Deposit account £3,662.75
- Cash in hand £4,180.59
- It was noted that the deficit was not as bad as at first glance because there was a significant amount of stock held in the Oakleigh shop, being chicken pellets, seeds, ground cover and fertiliser.
- The Society insurance has to be paid in January 2020 and SW Water bills for Oakleigh and DR, then the subs will be due in again next March.
- IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO BUY CHICKEN PELLETS, GROUND COVER ETC. PLEASE SEE A SITE REP, OR EMAIL THE SECRETARY
- The Hon Vice President thanked the Treasurer for her work in the few months since she had taken over as Treasurer and hoped that she would stay!
- It was proposed that the treasurer’s report be accepted and this was seconded.
8. Motions and Proposals:
- Proposal for chairman – Stefan Philpott
- Proposal for vice-chair – Libby Luke
- Proposal for Oakleigh wildlife officer – Lynne Gibson
9. Election of Officers:
- Chairman - (proposed and seconded) Stefan Philpott
- Vice Chairman - Libby Luke
- Secretary - Flis Cotton
- Treasurer - Jodi White
- The Chairman proposed to re-elect the remaining committee members en-bloc - this was proposed and seconded
- Web Master - Leigh Burns
- Wildlife Officers:
- (DR) Jacqueline Green
- (LP) Melanie Philpott
- (O) Lynne Gibson
- Fundraising Officer - (none)
- Site Reps (3 for each site):
- DR - Jacqueline Green, Kay Mason, (1 Vacant)
- Oakleigh - Gary Buckingham, Pat Marriott, Liz Barnes, Alan Smith
- LP - Phillip Moore, Christine Guiver, Andrew Bibbings
- Volunteers for the vacant posts above would be gratefully received
- Social Committee:
- Libby Luke, Lynn Gibson, Jonty & Joyce Osborne-Lisle, Melanie Philpott
10. Representatives on Other Organisations:
- National Vegetable Society – Joe Wallis. He agreed to report to PHGAS on NVS matters.
11. Any Other Business:
- The requirements for GDPR were raised in view of the setting up of a new sub-committee (social). All emails could be directed to the secretary or to the contact form in the first instance and the sec will send them on the Libby Luke as vice-chair.
- Hon vice president had asked the RAOB Club for dates of availability for next year and was waiting for confirmation. No dates should need to be changed as there are no coinciding bank holidays.
- Hon VP will not be able to judge plots next year due to other judging commitments and so another judge will have to be found if this is to continue within the Society . To be discussed.
Next Annual General Meeting: Monday 5th October 2020 at 7.30pm at the ROAB Club.
Next committee meeting: Monday 4th November 2019 at 7.30pm
Meeting closed at: 8:05pm.