The chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Jackie Green, Christine Guiver, Alan Smith.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting in August were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- Seed catalogues now being held on each site. Please see a site rep. 30 catalogues have been given to each site. All orders must be submitted to the site reps asap with the final order date being 6.10.2020
- Hon VP cheque has now been presented.
- Usual requests to be added to waiting list
- 1a LP now vacant and has been offered to next person on the waiting list
- 15b Oakleigh has agreed to rectify the height of his fence but it was noted that this had not yet been done. Sec asked to write to him again and allow 14 days to act. (since the meeting, the Chairman has visited the site and instructed sec not to write to plotholder)
5. Chairman’s Report:
- There has been a big water leak at Lower Penns, but this has been repaired now. A lot of water has been lost. More work will be required to repair in the winter.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Nothing to report
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current account: £992.07
- Deposit account: £2,362.00
8. Site Reports:
- Derrell Road
- 6a - when it becomes available, it must be kept as a disabled plot
- 33b - no work/contact
- 41a - minimal work – monitor position
- Lower Penns
- 7 - v overgrown
- Rubbish has been thrown into the woods from the bottom part of a plot – plotholders MUST NOT discard their rubbish over the bottom of their plots into the woods
- Teenagers have been seen on site and have been asked to leave. Chairman is to monitor the position and speak to them.
- Notices of proposals, appointment of officers etc. will be sent out prior to the meeting and MUST be received within 7 days of the AGM to be considered at the meeting. Due to CV restrictions, it will not be possible to have an open meeting.
- The Treasurer has still not been able to gain access to the Society bank account to the extent that we are not quite sure what HSBC want in order to allow her access. Sec has agreed to write to HSBC to ask what is now required as it has become a matter of urgency after such a long time. No accurate reconciliations can be made until the Treasurer can access the figures.
- The Hon VP will speak to the club Secretary about the AGM next month.
10. Date of AGM:
- To be held on Monday 5 October at 7.30 pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 7.55pm.