The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Kay Mason, Christine Guiver.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- Matting for DR path – It has still been too wet to do anything about this and so it is ongoing.
- All tenancy agreements have now been sent out either by email or in the post. Please let sec know if not received.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- The Chairman has been disappointed with the response to the seed shop as there are still a lot of seed available for sale. We agreed that the weather had not been good and so hopefully sales will pick up as the weather improves. We agreed that if a loss is made on the sales this year, then the Society would not be able to continue with the shop in future years.
- There has been a water leak on both Oakleigh and Derrell Road sites. These are awaiting repair by the chairman and the vice-chairman and will be done as soon as possible.
- NAS has advised the chairman that they now provide personal indemnity insurance for individual members if they have an accident while they are on site as long as the accident was not as a result of negligence. The cover amounts to £50,000 per incident.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- No news other than there are plenty of seeds including onion sets still for sale – please see him on the Oakleigh site.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current: £169.12
- Deposit: £3,022.89
- Rents received: £819.00
- This is it - Cash - Labels for seeds - £3.95
- K Parker - 100312 - Rat poison & labels - £15.12
- Kings seeds - 100313 - Seeds - £371.08
- 23a – terminate lease if not already done. (done in Feb)
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be held on Tuesday 3 April 2018 at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 7.55pm.