The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Charlie Jarvis & Gary Buckingham.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- Oakleigh Hedge – the Chairman had been to look at the hedge and was not too worried about it. It was his opinion that as the council had cut the hedge, they had taken responsibility for it. No action required.
- None of note
5. Chairman’s Report:
- All tenancy agreements had been sent and funds were gradually coming in to the Treasurer.
- PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED YOUR AGREEMENT YET.
- Chairman reported that the three sites were gradually being cleared of the debris that has accumulated before PHGAS was formed, when the sites were under Council ownership. The overall appearance across the sites is improving.
- The seed shop is going well; a stock check would be done by the time of the AGM. Some veg went very fast and new stock has been bought, but there is still stock remaining. Please go to the Oakleigh site on Saturday mornings to purchase.
- The chicken pellets and top dressing had arrived today day (96 bags) and had been unloaded with help from others. Thanks to those who gave their time and effort.
- If anyone wants chicken pellets or top dressing, please see your site reps or contact us.
- Chairman had looked into the cost of removal of the 2 large chest freezers on plot 1 Derrell Road that had been there for years. The cost would be £75 each plus the cost of the van to get them to the tip. Chairman was not minded to spend this and said he would look at other methods of disposal.
- We discussed whether a skip or a ‘man with a van’ would be the most cost effective way to get rid of rubbish on Oakleigh. Man with van on Derrell Road had cost £225 to take two loads and so was cheaper than a skip. Chairman asked for authority to incur this cost and it was agreed.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- None (all covered in Chairman’s report).
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current: £737.26
- Deposit: £2,371.54
- Rents received: £1,066.00
- Paid out this month:
- Poundland Seed packaging £11.10
- B&Q Paint – Lower Penns shed £47.74
- SW Water Water – LP £10.10
- Tuckers Seeds Seeds & envelopes £37.00
- J Williams Man and Van – Derrell Rd £225.00
- Morrisons Fuel for mower etc. £18.00
- Please be careful if bringing vehicles on site (especially at Lower Penns and Derrell Road), as the path is narrow in places and could topple in to top of plots. (Avoid using vehicles where possible)
- 1 - has been cleared and paid (work not started yet)
- 6a - overgrown - monitor?
- 10b - overgrown but has now been re-let
- 13a - letter
- 14a - letter
- 20 – has been cleared and paid
- 11a - overgrown
- 15a - ask intentions, not seen at site
- 16b - overgrown
- 29a - ask intentions, not seen at site
- 36 - ask intentions, no work done yet
- Trees - still no progress with Tor 2/Council. Christine has trimmed the hedges.
- 1 - no information, not seen or heard from plotholder
- 23a - overgrown, letter 1
- 23b - plotholder reported difficulties in gaining access through the big gate due to not having the correct combination for the lock. Sec would email all plotholders on LP with the code.
- 24b - site rep agreed to attend site on Sat am and clear the chicken coop structure that is there, so that the plot can be let.
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be held on Monday 3 April 2017 at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club. All welcome.
Meeting closed at 8.20pm.
Please be careful if bringing vehicles on site (especially at Lower Penns and Derrell Road), as the path is narrow in places and could topple in to top of plots. (Avoid using vehicles where possible)