The Chairman, Keith Parker, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1 Apologies: Christine Guiver, May Burgess, Gary Buckingham
2 Minutes of the previous meeting, held on Monday 2 July, were agreed
3 Matters Arising from the Minutes:
· Numbers on plots, keep on agenda. This was discussed at length – Flis asked for numbers to be put on plots as she experienced difficulties in identifying plots when showing new people around. Chairman agreed with Alan Smith to look into buying stakes and fence caps so each plot could be marked. Possibly ask Gary Buckingham if he could get them from his work. 100 needed to cover all sites.
· Chairman said that Lower Penns water mains issue was a non-starter. There was no way of excavating ground as under trees. Trees could not be touched as they were not on allotment land. It would be a big job, take a great deal of time and be very expensive. It was agreed to leave well alone for the time being, monitor the position and revisit if any leaks.
· Toilet – no progress had been made here due to inconsistent weather.
4 Correspondence: replies to dirty plot letters as below listed by site.
5 Chairman’s Report: none
6 Vice Chairman’s Report:
· The fencing or gate at 3 Oakleigh had been vandalised. This meant that the plot was open to the back of the houses. The plotholder knows that the residents at the house that backs on to the plot are renting, rather than owners of the house, so it was not likely that they or the landlord would be interested in repairing the fence. Chairman agreed that Alan should speak to plotholder and possibly repair before the next meeting as this would be better than waiting. He would report progress at the next meeting.
· VC reported that the hedge by the entrance of Oakleigh was very overgrown and that cars would be scratched if it was not cut back soon as it was full of brambles. Flis agreed to email plotholders at Oakleigh to ask for them to attend the site on Sunday 19 August am to help clear.
7 Treasurer’s Report:
- Current Account: £51.69; Deposit Account: £3161.19
- Allotment fees received to date: £.-
- Plotholders who have not yet paid – letters required?.(keep)
- Cheques this month to: John Hunt – strimmer cord £13.98; SW Water for Derrell Road - £270.98; Jenny Board – stationery etc. - £7.77; P Jenkins – refund plot fees - £20.30.
- 1 – plotholder was unwell, someone was helping, keep on Agenda. Send letter 1. Reply – wants to keep/illness/will tidy. Sec agreed to send another letter.
- 4 – sent letter re: lack of cultivation. Reply – apologies – family bereavement/will tidy. Ok – monitor.
- 5b – wants to keep/ happy to share. Sec to reply.
- 8 Sec to send another letter – (2?)
- 10b – letter 1 – Reply: injury/ will tidy. Timber ordered for autumn. Definitely keeping. OK – monitor.
- 11a – letter 1
- 14a – letter 1 – no reply. (as 8)
- 17a – not paid – terminate letter
- 17c - Jarvis – letter 1
- 10: keep on Agenda – letter 1 (Pete). Reply: Moving house/illness/wants to keep plot. Sec to send another letter.
- 14b , keep on Agenda. Send letter 1
- 7a – letter 1 – no reply. Ok monitor
- 7b – letter 1 – no reply. Ok monitor
- 3a dog poo and bottles – ongoing problem. Continue to monitor the position. VC reported guttering had been stolen from the shed and other shed on site.
- Water being left on – keep watching out for this. (keep on agenda)
· Keep notifying newcomers about PHGAS equipment available to borrow (sec)
· New strimmer wire now bought.
· Sec to do notices for all plots re: Open Meeting on 3/9 at RAOB. 7.30. Chairman absent – VC to chair.
· Discussion about sending ‘tidy’ letters to plotholders and how firm to be. Waiting list is still very long, especially Lower Penns, so plots should be kept worked/tidy as much as possible. Keep letters on 1, 2, terminate system so people have adequate warning of any action.
9 Date of next Meeting: Open Meeting to be held on Monday 3rd September 2012 at 7.30pm at the ROAB Club. (Secretary to do posters for site notice boards).
The meeting finished at 8.20pm.