The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: A Smith, K Mason, J Green.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the Minutes:
- 41/42 Oakleigh – Plotholder has tried to speak with vice chairman about giving up one plot, but VC not present so we are not sure if he has. Chairman agreed to speak with him if he saw him at the site as something must be done.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- Society funds were back on track as subs had started coming in.
- We discussed how long to allow plotholders to pay and it was agreed that the Tenancy Agreements provided that if rents remained unpaid after 40 days, a lease could be terminated.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- None as not present.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Current account: £510.93
- Deposit account: £1,984.61
- Allotment rents received to date: £2,557.00
- Cheques this month:
- SWW £224.01 DR and Oakleigh water
- A Smith £8.00 Parts for Oakleigh toilet
- 3a little work has been done – letter 1
- 4 little work has been done – monitor
- 10b has now been let – watch for progress
- 11a vacant – still to let
- 15 ask intentions – no work has been done and rent has not been paid
- It was mentioned that bad language had been heard on the site on some occasions and plotholders agreed that it was not particularly nice to hear. Chairman agreed to speak to person/people concerned if it happened again.
- 19a had been marked out correctly
- 19b still to let
- 20b still to let
- 11 no work had been done – letter 1, but plotholder has moved and we have no contact details (address/phone/email etc). Sec agreed to do a letter 1 and leave it in the shed. Also, plot not paid for.
- 15b little progress – letter 1/ask intentions/ask for payment
- 16b still to let
- 37a being kept empty with a view to being a disabled plot if we get funding
- 41/42 unpaid – waiting to speak to committee
9. Any Other Business:
- Chicken pellets: Chairman said that the order is to be delivered on Saturday 18th to the Oakleigh site. Oakleigh will get 35 bags, LP will get 15, DR will get 10 (pallet has 60 bags in total).
- Plotholders please email sec on email@example.com or speak to a committee member to ask for a bag. Price to be confirmed, will be around £8, much the same as last year.
- Webmaster advised that the web address is due for renewal this month at a cost of £13.10 per annum. There were a few sites where it could be bought for up to 50p cheaper, but chairman agreed to stick with where we are. Webmaster agreed to buy this and be reimbursed next month.
10. Date of next Meeting:
- To be held on Tuesday 5 May 2014 @ 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
The meeting finished at 8.10pm.