The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: None.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- The DR strimmer had been replaced rather than repaired.
- Replies to plot letters from last month.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- 1b DR has requested that she be allowed to take on the rest of her plot (1a). The size of the remainder of the plot is approximately ½ of a ½ plot. This would leave her with a total of a ¾ size plot. After discussion, it was confirmed that this would be ok as it was previously part of the same plot and was such a small space as not to be viable to let on its own. Cost of the ¾ size plot was to be the same as 10b (another ¾ plot).
- 10b DR had been dug over to a degree, but there was still no cultivation despite that the season is well underway.
- The chairman asked that all plotholders be vigilant for strangers on the sites as it was approaching the anniversary of the strimmer theft!
- There was no news on the LP strimmer as Christine was not at the meeting. Andrew reported that he had not seen her and so as far as he was aware, the matter had not been resolved. Chairman agreed to visit the site next week to see if anything could be done. (Since the meeting, sec has received an email to confirm that the strimmer is now stored at 26b LP – please see plotholder Andrew if you want to borrow).
- Chairman has been asked by plotholders if the Society can get any winter onions, garlic and shallots. Vice chairman will investigate and buy if possible.
6. Vice-Chairman’s Report:
- Green manure has been ordered at £3.50 per kilo. This will be a mixture of veitch and ryecorn. Broad beans have also been ordered at £2 per half kilo.
- The vice chairman has proposed a BBQ for Saturday 26th August on the Oakleigh site from 11am onward. Food will be provided, so please could plotholders confirm their attendance to a committee member beforehand.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current: £163.84
- Deposit: £4,022.07
- Rents received: £3,887
- Paid out this month:
- 100290 - Man & Van - £225
- 100291 - LP water - £76.42
- 100292 - Strimmer DR - £353.69
- 100293 - Strimmer fuel and line - £19.73
- 100294 - LP water - £122.57
- 13a – no work done, no contract. Send letter to teminate.
- 11b – intentions?
- 3c – no cultivation
- 11a – letter 1
- 13b – letter 2?
- 29b – letter 2
- 20a – letter 2
- Full site inspection will be done on Wednesday (9/8)am.
- The gate is shortly to be repaired by a plotholder.
- Storage of LP Strimmer to be confirmed.
- Cups have been returned from last year.
- Winners of the best kept plots across the sites were:
- Lower Penns: 13
- Derrell Road: 12
- Oakleigh: 32
- The cups will be presented at the BBQ on Saturday 26th August.
- It was discussed that we would like to bring the website up to date and include stories or other events and generally be more proactive and make the site a little more interesting. All plotholders are invited to send in stories or comments (relevant to allotmenteering please!) to be posted on to the website. Contact us here.
10. Date of next OPEN committee meeting:
To be held on Monday 4th September at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.15pm.