The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Charlie Jarvis.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- The wall just inside the LP gate was discussed and it was agreed that any repair work could wait until the weather improves. The wall has a slight bulge in it but it is not too bad and further deterioration will depend on the amount of traffic to the site. To be reviewed in March.
- Secretary had had several replies to dirty plot letters that were sent last month – send letters to those who did not reply.
- Applications to join waiting list.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- The master leases had been received from the Council and these were handed to the Secretary.
- The chairman is preparing costings from a seed catalogue with a view to the Society buying a stock of seeds for selling to plotholders. He estimated that the initial outlay would be in the region of £200-£250 and that there was the possibility of a loss if there were no sales of the stock after it had been purchased.
- A list of prices was supplied and it was mentioned that although not on the list, potatoes would also be available. The committee confirmed it would be in order to make the initial outlay and that we were not looking to necessarily make a profit. Secretary agreed to circulate the list with the minutes.
- There are still some chicken pellets on Lower Penns site and some 6x (?)
- There is still some top dressing on Oakleigh – please see a site rep or contact us.
- The hedge at DR had been cut by the Council.
- The DR strimmer had been serviced and repaired.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- The vice chairman wondered whether the Society should buy some Enviromesh to sell to plotholders (possibly next season).
- There is still some ground cover available at £1 per m. Please see Alan Smith on Oakleigh.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current £421.27
- Deposit £3,271.34
- 1 cheque:
- 100264 SW Water Lower Penns £22.88
- 11b – letter 3
- Letter to 21 re: greenhouse
- The shed padlock had been Broken but nothing taken
- 14b – to relet. Letter re: shed
- 5b (1/2 plot unkempt)
- 6b (1/2 plot unkempt)
- 7b overgrown
- 19b overgrown
- 20b overgrown
- 21a not cultivated
- 23a/b overgrown
- 24a/b overgrown
- 20a – please remove pallets
- The LP toilet needs painting – Phil Moore will see to this.
- Christine Guiver had once again been in touch with the Council re: the trees on LP site and would continue to chase them on this as due to the size of the trees, many of the bottom plots were in shade and they also posed a risk of falling in high winds.
- The Society insurance needs to be paid in the new year and NAS subs. This will make a dent in the Society funds.
- The vice president put forward a proposal to close the waiting list and this was discussed. Secretary confirmed the list is currently running at around 14-18 months and that people were advised of the delay when their names were added. At the point of being offered a plot, they could either accept or refuse it, so there was not much merit in closing the list. Chairman confirmed that the Council required that the list remains open.
- Colin Waymouth confirmed that he would be retiring from the Committee with immediate effect and a new site rep would therefore be required for Lower Penns Road. The Chairman thanked him for his hard work and commitment over the years. If any LP plotholder would like to volunteer as site rep for their site, please contact us.
- No meeting in January 2017
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To beheld on Monday 6 February 2017 at 7.30 pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.30pm.