The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Liz Barnes, Phil Moore, Pat Messenger.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- Matting for DR path – It has been too wet to do anything about this and so the Chairman will bear it in mind – ongoing.
- Letter of introduction from Mike Waymouth re his father Colin on LP site. Sec to thank him for providing contact details.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- NAS membership has been renewed and there has been no increase in fees this year.
- Indemnity insurance across the sites has been renewed.
- Tuckers Seeds have stopped selling to commercial outlets and we now get our seed supplies from Kings. We had broad beans from Kings last year and everyone agreed that these were very successful, so we are hopeful that other supplies from Kings will be fine.
- The seed shop will be open at Oakleigh Site from Saturday onwards – sec is to email all plotholders with list of seeds available and prices. Please contact us if you have not received this.
- New leases are to be sent out this month to all plot-holders. Sec is to prepare an amendment to the leases to show that the notice period for terminating a lease has effectively been reduced from 3 to 2 months. This is in an effort to tidy up the sites.
- The finances of the Society are not looking too bad. The seeds have yet to be paid for but hopefully sales will cover the cost of these. The packaging and labelling this year has been improved. Most seeds are the same prices as last year.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Nothing to report.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current: £367.17
- Deposit: £2,272.75
- 100306 - SW Water (LP water) - £37.69
- 100307 - Alan Smith (Replace generator) - £310.00
- 100308 - Shield Insurance (Insurance) - £529.39
- 100309 - National Allot Society (Allotment fees) - £480.00
- 100310 - SW Water (LP Water) - £19.74
- 100311 - Cobblers and Cleaners (DR Padlocks) - £21.90
- 33a – ask intentions
- 35b – next letter from last month – terminate? Sec to check
- 9 – letter re ½ plot (only) cultivation
- 23a – write to existing plotholder re lease
- Site rep confirmed that the gatepost at the entrance has now been repaired.
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be held on Monday 5th March 2018 at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.05pm.