The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Liz Barnes, Jackie Green.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- SW Water meter contract - Chairman has returned the documents to SWW
- Veg show – was very well received and very enjoyable. Reasonable attendance from plotholders across all sites. It was agreed that it would be repeated next year and it would be promoted more, with extra notice being given to everyone.
- Sec has received an email from Glynneath Gardening Club offering gardening quizzes for either fun/club meetings/quiz evenings. Sec agreed to circulate the email and the site address is www.gardeningquizzes.co.uk
5. Chairman’s Report:
- Chairman has received a letter from Torbay Council re: the foliage on the pavement outside Derrell Road. Torbay Council appear to say that this is the responsibility of PHGAS. This was discussed. The Council have cleared this historically and PHGAS have never taken on this responsibility. Chairman is still waiting to hear back from the Council that they will keep this task. Sec has found minutes in 2012 where we have previously been in touch with the Council about this, and they have maintained the foliage since this time. As of today, it still has not been cleared.
- Site strimmers – the Society still owes a limited duty of care towards plotholders and warning notices have been prepared to be circulated across the sites. Safety equipment is provided for use with the equipment and it is plotholders responsibility to use it at all times.
- An Asset Register of PHGAS assets has been prepared by the Chairman and Treasurer and this was passed around the meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting is to be held next month as usual. Secretary agreed to email all plotholders and prepare posters for the 3 sites with the date/time of the AGM.
- A requirement is that 7 days notice of issues to be raised at the AGM must be given to a committee member either by email or on paper.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- Nothing to report
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Current account : £166.95
- Deposit account: £3,039.33
- £23 – A Ashton
- £11.91 – Lower Penns Water
- £9.72 – Gloves for strimmer & stationery
- We are still waiting for the Council to confirm when they will be inspecting the trees across the sites.
- 6a check address of plotholder – send letter 3
- 20 work appears to have stopped – letter 1?
- C Guiver has telephoned the Council about the trees but has not yet managed to speak to anyone about an inspection. She will keep trying
- 19b has been relet
- 20b still to let
- Plotholder by the toilet block has complained that personal articles have been removed from the toilet and she has asked that they be returned. Site rep confirmed that papers and other general rubbish were cleared, but all clothing and any personal items were left. Clothes were hung up and boots and seeds left in the building. Nothing personal was taken and there is nothing to return.
- Use of the toilet was discussed and it was to be pointed out that as it is a communal shed, no personal effects are to be stored in there. Please could all plotholders be aware of this and remove anything that belongs to them.
- Plotholder by the gate (Plot 1) has asked that the wall supporting the path be looked at as it appeared to be ‘bulging’ and possibly dangerous. Site rep has looked at this and confirmed that there are 4/5 vertical cracks that do need attention. Whilst he does not feel that the wall is in imminent danger of collapse, he has agreed to obtain estimates for repair and report back to the committee.
- 7a plotholder has broken his wrist – he is aware of the condition of the plot. (noted)
- 7b letter 1
- 13 letter 2
- 15b Vacant plot to be let.
- 35b letter 2
- 41/42 has been strimmed again – committee running out of patience as nothing is being grown. Sec to send another letter
- The AGM is to be held next month (see Chairman’s report) – please could all plotholders give any issues to be raised at the AGM to a committee member – no less than 7 days prior to the meeting
9. Date of next ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING:
- To be held on Monday 5 October 2015 @ 7.30pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.25pm.