The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Pat Messenger, Liz Barnes, Gary Buckingham, Phil Moore
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- The old strimmer on DR has finally stopped working.
- Email of thanks from RNLI for donation in memory of Gus Luscombe
5. Chairman’s Report:
- Several members of the Society went to the funeral of Gus Luscombe. The good turnout was a measure of the high regard in which he was held.
- Chairman has spoken to the plotholder on 10b Derrell as, although the shed had been repaired, the plot remained uncultivated at the start of the season. The terms of the lease were discussed and the ‘traffic light’ system of letters we send out on a monthly basis if the plot is not tidy or cultivated. (letter 1, letter 2, terminate lease). The plotholder was advised that technically he was in breach of the terms of the lease by not cultivating the plot. The chairman was pleased to report that at the time of the meeting, cultivation had started.
- The committee discussed that in comparison with other sites, PHGAS is relatively lenient, but we cannot allow plots to be left uncultivated as there is still a waiting list.
- The Chairman confirmed that it had been arranged for a ‘man with van’ to attend the Oakleigh site to remove all non-combustible waste remaining on plots. The original date arranged was not convenient for all, so the date has been changed to FRIDAY 16th JUNE at 10am. Please could Oakleigh plotholders leave their metal etc. rubbish by the Society shed on plot 42. Burnable or compostible rubbish WILL NOT be taken.
- Chairman reported that it is National Allotment Week soon and a leaflet about this was passed around. Please see your site rep if you would like any more information on this.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
- A few plots on the Oakleigh site remained uncultivated – all dealt with in the site reports.
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Monies in bank:
- Current £203.32
- Deposit £4,671.81
- Rents received: £3,824.00
- Paid out this month:
- SW Water (LP) £20.70
- RNLI donation £50
- SW Water (LP) £69
- Devon Garedn Machinery £29.22
- 3b overgrown – offer assistance?
- 13a quite overgrown
- 3c – no raised beds or work yet - monitor position.
- 13b – intentions?
- 29b – intentions?
- 24b overgrown – intentions?
- A plotholder on the site has been lopping the trees – they look much improved.
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be on Monday 3 July at 7.30 pm at the RAOB Club.
Meeting closed at 8.05pm.