The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies: Stefan Philpott, Jackie Green, Jackie Yates, Phil Moore, Pat Marriott.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved.
3. Matters arising from the minutes:
- The metal gate on 21 and 22 DR has not yet been replaced and is ongoing.
- Sec has received requests to join the waiting list and has replied to them all.
- Stefan Philpott, plotholder on LP has put himself forward for vice chairman if the position is vacant. This was discussed and it was agreed that the Society would take him up on his offer for the remainder of the year and the matter would have to be put to the vote at the next AGM.
- Plotholder on DR has a 2 stroke petrol strimmer for sale – almost new. Buying this on behalf of the Society was discussed, but it was agreed that as it was a 2 stroke and therefore different to the one already owned by the Society, then it may cause confusion and the wrong fuel may be put in. If anyone wants to buy it, please either contact us or see Kay on plot 8b DR.
- Sandra Luscombe (plot 28 O) has given notice to give up half of her plot.
5. Chairman’s Report:
- A man with a van will be required to take the rubbish from the cleared plots at Derrell and Oakleigh. Chairman asked the Committee if it was ok to spend the funds. This was agreed as it was a necessary expense.
- It was asked that if possible, could more notice be given to plotholders when the clearance was arranged, so that help could be given.
- Chairman has reported that all the green manure has been sold, but that there are plenty of broad beans left. Please see Alan on Oakleigh, or contact us.
- The seed shop will be selling seeds again next spring.
6. Vice Chairman’s Report:
7. Treasurer’s Report:
- Not present – (apologies given)
- Derrell Road
- 3b – letter 2
- 13a – surgery – will be getting back in to it.
- 27a – giving up?
- 37 – ask intentions?
- 14b – has planted on paths – some crops will have to be moved.
- 3b, 7b, 8, 9, 29b, 33a – ask intentions
- Lower Penns
- 20a – letter 2
- The Webmaster advised last month that a change of host for the PHGAS website will be required as we were previously on a free plan. He provided 3 options to be considered and it was agreed that we would go with his best choice and cover all his expenses. Sec was provided with receipts for his outlay on the site for previous 3 years and agreed to let the Treasurer know.
- Gary Buckingham reported that he had passed his exam on pest control and so was authorised to provide this facility to the Society. He confirmed that if and when the time came for his services to be required, then poison and bait boxes will need to be purchased.
10. Date of next committee meeting:
- To be held on Monday 3rd December 2018 at 7.30pm at the RAOB Club. All welcome.
Meeting closed at 8:15pm.